Sight Word Booklets to Read, Write, Color, Cut and Paste
Make a "Three Yellow Ducks" Sight Word Booklet
- Make copies of the next 2 pages for each child or pair of children.
- Hand out the page with the words to trace. Have students fold it in half so that the left and right sides of the page meet, and the words are on the outside. Then fold it in half again so that the top and bottom meet and the title page with "Three Yellow Ducks" on it is on the outside. This forms a 4-page booklet.
- Have the children trace and color the letters.
- Read the booklet aloud with your students and point out:
- the title on the front page
- the noun or person, place or thing, in the title
- the adjectives that describe the noun: "Three" describes how many ducks and "Yellow" describes their color
- that "ducks" is the plural or "duck"
- that the one duck on the left page plus the two ducks on the right page equal three ducks in all.
- Hand out the page with pictures.
- Ask the children to read each sentence in the booklet, choose a picture that matches the words, color it, cut it out, and paste or attach it under the sentence.
Make Your Own Booklet
- Make copies of the last 2 pages, but this time hand out the page with pictures first for the children to color. They may draw their own set of three animals if they want.
- Hand out the page with the words to trace and have the students fold it as they did "Three Yellow Ducks" to make a booklet, and then trace the letters.
- Point out that there are two words missing from the title and two words missing from the first sentence.
- Have the children look at the pictures they have colored and suggest what the missing words would be. Write the words suggested, pointing out that "pigs" is the plural of "pig", but "fish" is the plural of "fish".
- To make their own illustrated booklets they should write the missing words in the booklet and cut out pictures that match the words to paste on the pages. They can write their names under the title, or unfold the booklet and write their names on the blank side of the paper.
©Courseware Solutions WorksheetsPlus.com for Free Printable K - 8 Worksheets
is what I see.
is what I see.