Language Arts Skills Testing and Assessment for 5th Grade
Questions from 9 different 5th Grade Language Arts topics
1. Here is a clue for a 6-letter word with a long E sound:
winter or spring, for example: __ __ __ __ __ __
2. Here is a clue for a 5-letter word with a long I sound:
the opposite of heavy: __ __ __ __ __
3. Here is a clue for a 5-letter word with a long O sound:
the past tense of steal: __ __ __ __ __
4. Add in the missing commas.
" The question is " said Joe " what will you do now ? "
" We grow wheat corn and barley " said the farmer .
Mr. Chan the teacher always arrives early for class .
5. Choose the right ending for each of these words: -al -el or -le
bicyc___ ped___ shov___ troub___
6. Complete the missing words using the root words as a clue.
root word: uni = one
To be in uni_ _ _ is to do the same thing at the same time.
root word: vis = see
Something that cannot be seen is _ _vis_ _ _ _ .
7. Complete the missing words.
G _ _ _ _ _ph_ is the study of natural features of the world.
A ph_ _ _ _ _ _ph is an image you produce with a camera.
8. Pick the correct verb.
One of the students ___________ a prize. wins win
Neither Anna nor her friends ___________ going to the party. is are
9. Pick the correct verb form.
By tomorrow night, I ___________ my painting.
have finished am finishing will have finished
While I ___________, I sent a text message to Liam.
am studying was studying will have studied
1. season 2. light 3. stole 4. The question is," said Joe, "what will you do now?" "We grow wheat, corn, and barley," said the farmer. Mr. Chan, the teacher, always arrives early for class. 5. bicycle, pedal, shovel, trouble 6. unison, invisible 7. Geography, photograph 8. wins, are 9. will have finished, was studying