Language Arts Skills Testing and Assessment for 4th Grade
Questions from 7 different 4th Grade Language Arts topics
1. Find three pairs of opposites in these words:
whisper reward deny punish shout fresh sad rotten
2. Pick the correct word.
Is ______ team winning? your you're
______ waiting for the race to start. Their There They're
3. Form 3 words out of these 3-letter groups. Each word has 2 groups.
way wol sub ort exp ves
4. Pick the correct word.
All students ______ computers. has have
The discovery of water on Mars ______ exciting. is are
5. Draw lines to join each word with the best synonym.
6. Add the missing word into these sentences.
Word choices: advance prevent wildly enjoyed thrilling declared
Soccer is ______ by people all over the world.
The winning team will ______ to the finals.
The crowd cheers ______ when a player scores.
7. Unscramble this set of words to write a sentence.
read. everything Don't you believe
1. whisper, shout; reward, punish; fresh, rotten 2. your, They're 3. subway, wolves, export 4. have, is 5. adult - mature, guest - visitor, funny - humorous, bright - radiant, smile - grin 6. enjoyed, advance, wildly 7. Don't believe everything you read.