Language Arts Skills Testing and Assessment for 3rd Grade
Questions from 12 different 3rd Grade Language Arts topics
1. Pick the best answer.
That's the ____________ Halloween costume ever!
scary scarier scariest
2. Write the two smaller words that make up the compound word.
bedroom ______ ______
What's a compound word that means:
a ball made of snow ______________
3. Pick the best connecting word.
The lobster was caught in the trap, _________ it was not hurt.
4. Add the correct end punctuation: . ? or !
Call an ambulance now__
5. Pick the correct word.
He was stung by a _________. bee be
6. Complete the sentence by adding the past tense.
Do you know what he ____________ yesterday? find
Write the past tense for these words:
drop _______ rob _______ hum _______
7. Complete the sentence by writing in the missing possessive pronoun.
The books belong to the students. They are __________ books.
8. Fill in the missing prefix or suffix.
not usual: ____usual
with or full of hope: hope_____
9. Pick the right pronoun.
One of the boys lost _______ hat. his their
10. Write the plural for these words:
box _______ key _______ city _______
11. Pick the correct verb.
Craters _______ much of the moon. covers cover
12. Break these words into syllables.
review basketball environment
1. scariest 2. bed room, snowball 3. but 4. ! 5. bee 6. found; dropped, robbed, hummed 7. their 8. unusual, hopeful 9. his 10. boxes, keys, cities 11. cover 12. re/view, bas/ket/ball, en/vi/ron/ment