Present, Past, and Future Perfect Verb Tenses Worksheet
Use the present, past and future perfect verb tenses.
Answer key included. Recommended level: 5th Grade and up
Select the best verb form:
1. She ________ to Africa many times.
was going has gone will have gone
2. By the time the troops arrived, the war ________.
had ended has ended will have ended
3. Women ________ in US presidential elections since 1921.
vote have voted had voted
4. By the time help arrives, the refugees ________ many weeks.
waited have waited will have waited
5. The bus ________ by the time I got to the bus stop.
has already left had already left will have already left
6. The plane ________ by the time we get through this traffic.
has left will have left was leaving
7. My parents ________ on King Street for 50 years and they’re still there.
live have lived will have lived
8. As soon as I saw her face, I knew I ________ her before.
had met have met was meeting
9. By this time tomorrow, he ________ his exams.
finished had finished will have finished
10. In July this year, they ________ 10 years.
are married have been married will have been married
11. I ________ for hours for Li to reply, and I’m still waiting!
have waited had waited am waiting
12. He didn’t realize that he ________ his keys until he got home.
has lost had lost will have lost