Language Arts Skills Testing and Assessment
for 5th Grade
Questions from 9 different 5th Grade Language Arts topics
Answer key included. Recommended level: 5th Grade
1. Here is a clue for a 6-letter word with a long E sound:
winter or spring, for example: __ __ __ __ __ __
2. Here is a clue for a 5-letter word with a long I sound:
the opposite of heavy: __ __ __ __ __
3. Here is a clue for a 5-letter word with a long O sound:
the past tense of steal: __ __ __ __ __
4. Add in the missing commas.
" The question is " said Joe " what will you do now ? "
" We grow wheat corn and barley " said the farmer .
Mr. Chan the teacher always arrives early for class .
5. Choose the right ending for each of these words: -al -el or -le
bicyc___ ped___ shov___ troub___
6. Complete the missing words using the root words as a clue.
root word: uni = one
To be in uni_ _ _ is to do the same thing at the same time.
root word: vis = see
Something that cannot be seen is _ _vis_ _ _ _ .
7. Complete the missing words.
G _ _ _ _ _ph_ is the study of natural features of the world.
A ph_ _ _ _ _ _ph is an image you produce with a camera.
8. Pick the correct verb.
One of the students ___________ a prize. wins win
Neither Anna nor her friends ___________ going to the party. is are
9. Pick the correct verb form.
By tomorrow night, I ___________ my painting.
have finished am finishing will have finished
While I ___________, I sent a text message to Liam.
am studying was studying will have studied
© Courseware Solutions Inc. www.WorksheetsPlus.com